Country Homes Realty
Convenient Office Locations covering the Adirondack Park
Have you got some trivia to share?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll post your trivia with your name!
Currently: The Adirondack Park includes portions of 12 counties: Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Hamilton, Herkimer, Lewis, Oneida, Saratoga, St. Lawrence, Warren, and Washington. The population is about 126 thousand permanent residents and about 100 thousand seasonal visitors (2002 statistics).
Animal Trivia: A cat has 32 muscles in each ear. A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds. A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes. A snail can sleep for three years. An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain. In the last 4,000 years, no new animals have been domesticated. There are more chickens than people in the world.
Baseball Pitcher from Witherbee, NY - Johnny Podres
Babies are born without kneecaps. They don't appear until the child reaches 2 to 6 years of age
China -If the population of China walked past you, 8 abreast, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
Horoscopes - checkhere to enjoy your daily horoscope
• 75% of Americans
(204.3 million) have home Internet access
• 71% of today's home buyers go to the Internet first to find information about buying a home
National Association of Realtors Statistic
• 77% of agents are found from websites and listings online
California Association of Realtors Statistic
Microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
Niagara Falls -The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely solid.
Palindromes: The words 'racecar,' 'kayak' and 'level' are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left.
Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite
Randy Templeman's (ABR Realtor Instructor) quotes, about newfound knowledge
"What's your next step? With new found knowledge the future is up to you. Here are some items to help guide you along the way." Randy reminds folks to keep this visuals handle:
* Rubber band - to remind you to be flexible
* Piece of string - to remind you to keep loose ends tied up.
* Penny - for your thoughts. Your ideas are valuable, share them with others
* Adhesive Label to remind you to 'stick to it'.
* Key - to remind you that you hold the key to your success in whatever you do.
* Crystal Ball - to remind you that while your future in unknown, if you see yourself being successfull, you will be successful.
* Payday - the first of many more in the future.
* Smarties - learning is a journey, not a destination.
Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a dance.
Womenblink nearly twice as much as men.
There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: 'abstemious' and 'facetious.'
TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
There are only four words in the English language which end in 'dous': tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
'Dreamt' is the only English word that ends in the letters 'mt'.
No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.
'Stewardesses' is the longest word typed with only the left hand and 'lollipop' is the longest word typed with your right hand.